March 20, 2016

WATER SPORTS AFTERNOON

We are learning to do recount writing. We need to have an opening to introduce who (the participants), what (the event) and when (when it took it place). We then write about the sequence of events and add personal comments. 



Yesterday when the water day happened we played in the water sprinkler. That was exciting. It felt like rain. We went on the water slide. We slid on our tummies. We ran then jumped on the mat. It was slippery.
              Aaron


Yesterday afternoon we had a water day. We got the water slide out. We had to run very fast otherwise we wouldn’t go very far. We played dry, dry, wet. I tipped the water on Ayanda. She tipped it on Fern. I liked that game but we only did it three times.
The sprinkler was fun. It had a hole in it.
We showed the parents our swimming.
           Tea

        

On Wednesday it was water day. I ran around the water sprinkler and Tea did too. Tea and I ran very fast. I slid on the water slide. I slid on my tummy and went to the end of the water slide. My mum did not come and see me but I had a lot of fun.
         Fern

 On Wednesday we went to the water slide. We zoomed on the slide.  The slide was slippery. Then we moved to the sprinkler. Mrs Davies sprayed us with a hose. Julius sprayed us with his water gun and Tane did too.
        Zayed

On Wednesday it was water day. I ran into the water under the sprinkler. Tea poured water on me. It was fun. Then we went to the water slide.  I slid all the way to the end of the water slide.
                Ayanda

On Wednesday we ran around under the sprinkler.
Mrs Davies sprayed us with the hose. Julius had a water gun. He squirted us. After that we played with the cups. We put the water in the bucket.
              Tiana


 


On Wednesday it was our swimming sports. We zoomed on the water slide. Mrs Davies sprayed us with the hose. We went in the pool. The parents watched us.
     Tane

We slid on the slide and I made it to the grass.
                 Ondreous

We ran to the water slide. I slid on the soapy slide.
      Julius

On Wednesday we had our water sports. We ran under the sprinkler. It had a hole. We filled the cups up and we tipped the cups into the bucket. We went on the slide. I ran so I could go fast on the slide. It was slippery I felt happy.
        Ebony

On Wednesday we had a water day. I played the cup game. We were running to put the water in the bucket.
                 Ryan

We ran to the water slide. I slid on the soapy water slide.

             Pharell

6 comments:

  1. Great to read about your water day room 2 and how much fun you all had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Wonderful Wet Wednesday it was watching you all having fun on your Water Sports afternoon. It has been amazing watching each of you make huge progress with learning to glide and swim in the pool and I'm sure those parents who were present were impressed too. I really wish I was able to go on the water slide, play water games and run under the sprinkler and hose too. Oh well, maybe next year. Please continue to learn how to swim with confidence and always be safe in and near water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you had another great day playing with water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Room 2. I am so disappointed I missed the water sports day. I had my water pistol all ready to bring to school. :)
    I did enjoy reading your writing about the day so I could find out what you did and how you felt. How could we make your water sports day even better for next year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Room 2 it’s Ezra from Room 7. I absolutely love your videos of your time on the playground and also your water safety video. It’s important to learn about safety in the water so that you don’t do anything wrong.

    ReplyDelete