July 4, 2015

A BUSY LAST WEEK OF TERM!

Speech Competition
We had a very successful speech competition in Room 2.
Mrs Lindsay judged our speeches and chose four finalists, Josh, Zara, Kaitlin and Nikara.
They then competed in the School finals along with two Year 2 finalists from Room 3.


Nikara

Good morning. My name is Nikara.
I think a cat is a better pet than a dog.
Cats are easier to look after. You don’t have to take a cat for a walk but a dog needs exercise.
Cats don’t cost as much as dogs to look after. Dogs eat more than cats. Dogs have to be registered which costs money.
I have a cat. His name is Jojo. I like to pat him. He sleeps on my lap. Cats purr when they are happy. He is my friend and I would rather have him than a dog.


Good morning my name is Joshua.
I think that cats are better pets than dogs.
Cats are cuddlier. My cats Trixie and Lexie like to curl up on my lap. They sometimes sleep on my bed. Some dogs are too big to do that.
Cats are good hunters because they kill rats and mice.
Cats cover their poo, but dogs don’t.
Cats don’t cost as much money as dogs to look after because they don’t eat as much.
I don’t have to take my cats for a walk but dogs need exercise.
I am glad that I have Trixie and Lexie because they are great pets.


Good morning. My name is Kaitlin.
I think dogs are better pets than cats.
Dogs can play fetch with us. We take our dog Coco to the river to play. I throw his ball into the river and he swims to get it.
You can take dogs for a walk but you can’t walk cats. That helps us to keep fit.
You can teach dogs tricks. They can roll over, they can stand up and beg and bring things to you.
Dogs are friendly. Coco scratches at our door when he wants me to play with him because he is my friend.
These are my reasons why I think dogs are better pets than cats.




Good morning, my name is Zara.
I want to talk to you about what I would like to see at Paihia School.
I would like to see two new playgrounds, one for boys and one for girls. I think that we should have swings and a bigger climbing frame.
It would be good to have a bigger sandpit. The one we have is too small. There is not enough room for many children, and sometimes that causes problems.
I would like to have more games painted on the court. Snakes and ladders would be good.
It will be great to have a bike track because we will get fit, we will have something else to do at playtime and lunchtime and it will be fun.
If we could have all these things Paihia School would be more awesome.

First prize was awarded to Nikara, second to Kaitlin and third to Zara. Congatulations girls!



ZUMBA
We had a great Zumba session with Carolina. The children loved it and are looking forward to doing more next term.

 
 



FRACTION FRIDAYS
Every Friday this term we have learned about fractions. Today we cut our fairy bread in halves, showing different ways we could do it.

 

 




2 comments:

  1. Wow, Room 2 speeches were all AWESOME!
    I could hear you all doing Zumba and I wanted to come over and see what you were all doing. I think I WILL next time and I might embarrass Zara and join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Room 2 looks fun, great speeches, zumba and matariki early morning missions!
    Good times. Franky and Dad

    ReplyDelete