August 29, 2015

Cross Country


We had a great Cross Country day at Bledisloe Domain.  We had all trained hard for this event and we ran well on the day!
We wrote stories to describe our races.
 

Calais & Jahrell on the start line.

Jahrell looks behind to see who is coming closer.


Miss Hadwin banged the blocks together. I ran and I was in the lead. Tahuri was behind me. I jumped over the black tackle bag. The big kids were showing me where to go. I ran on the muddy grass. I sprinted around the corner and I won.
           Jahrell
   


Zara, Nikara, Arohaina & Ripeka ready to
jump the tackle bag.

Miss Hadwin clapped the blocks. I sprinted around the curve. I started to jog when I got tired. I jumped over the tackle bag. I kept running until I got to the finish line. When I reached the finish line I was puffing and puffing. I cam fifth place and I was happy. The race was fun and I enjoyed it.
                    Zara






Franky running along the back straight.
Bang went the blocks. I ran around the bend behind everyone but I got faster and faster. I was happy. My dad was cheering for me. I climbed over the fence. it was wooden. The grass was muddy.
When I got to the driveway the stones were hurting my feet. I slowed down at a little hill. I was nearly there! I saw my Dad waiting for me. I came third place. I felt proud.
                                                                                                                                       Franky


When Miss Hadwin banged the blocks together we ran fast around the grassy field. We climbed over the wooden fence. We ran up the stony driveway. I saw Whaea Barbara. I ran around the cone. We ran back don the driveway. Finally we were finished. I was happy when the race finished.
                                     Gail

Angela jumps the tackle bag.

Miss Hadwin banged the blocks together. We ran around on the grass. I sprinted and sprinted all the way. I jumped over the black tackle bag and I jumped over the yellow hurdles. Then we got to the finish. I was first. My Mum was so proud of me. After the race I was puffing and puffing until I had some water.
                      Angela

Miss Hadwin clapped the blocks together. We ran and ran. I sprinted and sprinted until I got to the tackle bag. The grass was squishy under my feet. I was puffed. I jumped over the hurdles., then I ran very  fast to the finish line.
                        AJ

Bang went the blocks. I was running fast around the field. I ran up the driveway.
I climbed over the fence. I was tired.
I ran and ran. Everyone was waiting for me.
I ran to the finish.
               Mark

                         



  

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your recounts about our Cross Country Day.
    Well done, Champions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done on trying so hard at cross country! Cross country was one of my least favorite things to do at school and I am so proud of how hard you tried :-)

    ReplyDelete