May 28, 2015

Our Bush Walk

We are learning about our New Zealand Native bush. Last week we walked the Paihia lookout walk which begins at the end of School Road.

Here is some writing we did after the walk.

As we entered the bush it was fantastic. We saw lots of awesome trees. I heard a tui swooping through the trees. It landed on a branch. I saw lots of native trees. One of the trees was a lancewood. There were lots of epiphytes  growing high in the tallest trees. There were lots of five finger trees. The tallest trees were spreading above us.
                 AJ
I walked on the  track. I saw a tui. I saw some epiphytes growing on other trees.
                  Vaughan


We saw birds in bushes. People at the back were noisy and made the birds fly away. We saw epiphytes growing on other trees.We walked up  some stairs. Finally we made it to the  top.
                              Kaitlin





Room 2 and Room 3 walked in the native bush.  We saw some lancewood. Mum and I saw a kereru. We saw a prickly totara tree. I looked at the canopy first then the bush floor.
           Nikara


I saw some native trees in the forest. I saw some fantails in the  bush. I saw some epiphytes on another tree.
         Dale

 

We walked into the bush and I saw lots of different trees. As we walked further I started to run. I saw a lancewood and some epiphytes too. I stopped at the top. It was awesome.
            Zara


On Wednesday we all walked to the lookout at the top of a hill. We all found different trees. Some had epiphytes growing on them. I saw rimu. They were bigger than my Dad. As we stepped up the stairs we saw lots of trees. There were big and small fungi on a log. There was a stream  by the path with stones in it.
   Franky


 



We saw some native trees. We saw epiphytes and totara trees. We saw ferns in the bush. We walked up the hill.


             Mere


We walked along the track. I saw lancewood trees. I also saw plants growing on another tree. I saw a vine and Mrs Davies took a photo of it.
        Alizae


We walked in the bush. I saw some trees in the forest. Some trees had prickly leaves. We saw some vines hanging down.
                     Mark


On Wednesday Room 2 and 3 walked up in the bush. We saw a kereru flying around . The trees canopy spread across the sky. We saw some piwakawaka. Our voices were scaring the birds away. We saw some rimu and silver ferns.
                Gail


 


           


2 comments:

  1. Wow AJ! I love your writing. You know lots of the types of trees now. This explains to me how you knew about Lancewoods and wanted to draw them in your picture in the weekend. I can't wait for you to take us on this walk and show us all the trees you know, and explain to me what an epiphyte is.... Love Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Stories Room 2 - I had a good time on the walk although I was a little bit puffed by the time we got to the top.

    ReplyDelete