August 23, 2016

Cross Country

 When we wrote our recount stories about Cross Country we learned to write about the race describing it in the correct sequence.



                               

                                
                               CROSS COUNTRY 2016

I was a little bit nervous on the starting line. Miss Hadwin smashed the wood together and off we ran as fast as we could. I ran around the grassy field. I jogged for a while. I got my breath back and started to run. Next I got up to the green, wooden fence. I climbed the fence. On the other side there were stones.Luckily I was wearing shoes. Shirley was on the side cheering. I ran up the hill and down the hill. I ran to the finish line. My mum was waiting for me. I felt exhausted.
                                                 Tea


Standing on the start line waiting for Miss Hadwin to bang the blocks I was excited. Bang! I ran. I fell over. I got up again and ran around the field. I zoomed around the cones. I passed my friends. I was coming first. I was almost at the fence. When I got to the fence I climbed over it. I ran up the stony driveway. I sprinted over the hill on the grass. I was running fast to the finish line. I ran through the flags. I came first. I was proud of myself.
                               Ayanda

I was a bit nervous on the start line. Miss Hadwin banged two blocks and I ran as fast as I could. I ran around the cones. I was trying to bear Ryan. I climbed over the green fence. Next I ran up the hill and down the other side. I ran to the finish line. I was exhausted.  Finally I got to the finish.
                                            Aaron


At the starting line I was nervous. When the blocks banged we ran as fast as the wind. I ran on the outside of the cones.I ran past Julius. I got to the green fence. I climbed over it. I got on the stony driveway. I got to the other side and ran as fast as I could to beat Julius. I was nearly to the finish line. I made it. I came fifth place. I was happy.
                                       Ryan

Standing on the line waiting for Miss Hadwin to clap the blocks together I was excited. It was time in race. I sprinted away past the cones to the wooden fence. I climbed over and ran along the stony driveway. I ran up the hill and ran to the finish line. I felt happy.
                                     Fern

I was focused when I was waiting to start my race. I sprinted around the grass .I jumped over the fence. I jogged around the track and I sprinted to the finish and I came first. I was puffed.
                  Ondreous

Miss Hadwin clapped the blocks and I ran. I sprinted away from the line. I ran around the grassy field. I climbed the green fence and ran up the stony driveway. I was following Ayanda. I tried to catch up to her. I sprinted to the finish line. I was so happy that I came second.
                                       Brisa

Standing on the start line with my friends I was excited. Miss Hadwin banged the blocks together and off we ran. I sprinted away. I ran around the field but I fell over. I got up and kept running. I got to the fence and I climbed over it. I ran up the stony driveway. I was tired but I kept running. I tried my best. I walked for a while then I ran to the finish. I felt happy that I came sixth.
                                 Thea

Standing on the line with my friends I was a bit nervous. Miss Hadwin banged the blocks so we ran. I was puffing and huffing but I kept running and running around the field. I started to run faster. I was nearly at the end of the field.  I made it to the gate. I  climbed over it. I ran to the finish. I felt proud of myself.
                                                 Yazmin

I was ready for the race. Miss Hadwin clapped the blocks. I zoomed around the track. I was tired but I kept running. I ran to the fence. I climbed over the fence. I ran over the stony driveway. I puffed. I sprinted to the finish. I was proud of myself.
                                                    Bailey


I was standing on the line. Miss Hadwin clapped the blocks and I ran around the field. I jumped over the fence and I ran on the stony road. I ran on the grass again. I sprinted to the finish line. I came second. I felt happy.
                                         Pharell

Miss Hadwin banged the blocks and off we zoomed. I was running really fast. I was huffing and puffing. I didn't stop. I got to the green fence. I jumped over it. I ran across the stony driveway.  My feet hurt. I ran up the hill. I ran down the hill. I climbed over the fence again. I ran on the stony driveway again. I huffed and puffed to the finish line. I was in fourth place. I was exhausted.
                                  Tane

Miss Hadwin clapped the wood and we all ran around the long, grassy field. I was running as fast as I could. After I ran around the field I got tired. I jogged until I got more energy. When I got to the fence I jumped over it. I started to jog because I was exhausted. I ran over the stony driveway. I was tired but I kept running to the end of the track. I was third. I felt exhausted.
              Ebony

On the start line I was ready to go, I was nervous. Miss Hadwin clapped the blocks together. I ran as fast as a cheetah around the grassy field. When I got to the fence I climbed over it.  On the stony driveway my feet got hurt but I got up the hill. Then I ran fast to the finish. I was exhausted.
                                      Zayed

At the starting line I was feeling a bit scared. Miss Hadwin clapped the two blocks together. I ran really fast but I got tired so I started to walk. I climbed over the fence then I came to a stony road but I walked on the grass. I ran to the finish line with Fern. I was tired.
                Amelia

5 comments:

  1. We loved your video and writing. You did a good job of getting your recount in the right order. And you used some Wow words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Room 2. What a great day. You have used lots of wow words to describe how you felt and your race. Well done. Your writing was interesting to read. I am proud of your running and your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day it was! All of you did a great job running for that long and a tricky path! I don't know if I could do it! Congratulations to you all on your running and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great day watching our children run well done to you all Paihia School children. Great story writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi room 2! My name is Amber and i go to Kawakawa Primary School.I really like the video you put up. Looks like you guys ran a lot! I did that and I thought that it was long. Was it very long? Bye!

    ReplyDelete